Tuesday, June 5, 2007

!!!

only have a minute to write but i already have African soil in my blood...literally. It was pouring rain and i had to go to the bathroom on the way to mbale yesterday so Robby stopped at a gas station and we were going to wait for the rain to stop but i said i didn' mind getting wet, what the heck...i'll dash for it. so i did. unfortunately the ground was this slate stuff and extremely slipperly, so i took a few steps and landed on my butt. Got up, brushed myself off...and promptly fell right back down again. This time after I got up, i stepped off the slate on to the gravel and walked VERY carefully. I hoped at least the second fall was far enough around the corner that noone had seen. Next i had my first experience with a hole in the ground toilet and no TP. fun times.
Got back to the car, and Robby was laughing. He saw me fall both times but informed me that no one else had. i now have a big nasty gash on my shin...still hurts!!!

No comments: