Monday, June 4, 2007

In Kampala

I arrived safely in Entebbe this morning at about 8am ugandan time and was met by Robby, who's the leader of Jenga. We're stopped outside Kampala right now, we came here to pick up Robby's bags, he stayed here last night. It's a cute little place for backpackers and campers to stay and--bonus--has free internet!!! But unfortunately we are held up here because Robby just found out that the Jenga house where all the missionarys stay (including me) has a bedbug infestation. Robby says that this is the first time he's ever had this happen, it's quite unusual and the normal procedure to eliminate them didn't work. Fun stuff.
So, we are now waiting for the right fumicide (I'm sure I spelt that wrong!) to be delivered here before we head to Mbale. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from here apparently.
It's very green and beautiful here, not too hot. About the same as it was in Vancouver the past few weeks. Well that's all for now, I'm excited to get to Mbale and see what I'll be calling home for the next 3 months!

No comments: